8 Tips To Help You Shop Online Safely.
E-commerce has made online shopping part of our daily activities. Unfortunately, cyberspace is green pasture for Internet criminals and hackers.
These people can easily get any information from you without you knowing it.
This is one of the disadvantages of engaging in online transactions: you expose yourself to identity theft and fraud, which can wreck your finances and your credit score.
Fraudsters can retrieve and use information such as your name, credit card number, username, and passwords to engage in fraudulent transactions on your accounts.
So here are some tips to help you shop online safely and protect your personal information.
- Use safe browsing when you’re engaging in online transactions. Do this by putting HTTPS:// before the website address.
- When using Internet banking solutions, don’t forget to log out of your account when you’re done making a transaction.
- Make sure you’ve activated the firewall on your computer.
- Install security software to prevent malware and adware.
- Beware of Phishing (fake websites). There are websites made by Internet criminals to deceive you into giving out your personal information.
- Use third-party payment options such as PayPal to avoid giving out confidential information such as credit card numbers and passwords.
- If you need to do transactions online, make sure you have a trusted and secure Internet connection. Wi-Fi hotspots are not recommended when doing any online transaction, because hackers can tap into the connection and monitor the activities on your device.
- Make sure you are buying from trusted online shops and web stores to avoid problems with payment and transactions.
That’s all on the 8 tips to shop online safely.
This article was written by Money Hero, a financial comparison website. You can compare a broad list of financial products, ranging from credit cards to savings and insurance plans.